KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now

On Point
9:00am - 11:00am

Careless Use Of Lighter Determined To Be Cause Of Fire In Vacant Ventura Commercial Building

Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:44am

The careless use of a lighter by some trespassers is being blamed for causing a fire in a vacant Ventura commercial building.

Ventura firefighters, and police were called to the 300 block of east Santa Clara Street at around 11:30 Monday night, by reports of smoke.

Firefighters arriving on the scene found smoking coming from a boarded up commercial building.  Police also responding say they found three trespassers in the structure.

The fire was quickly extinguished, before it could cause serious damage.

The three people in the building were assessed at the scene by paramedics for injuries, but declined treatment.

KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories