KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now

All Things Considered
3:30pm - 6:30pm

Faulty Appliances Blamed For Blaze In Ventura Commercial Building

Posted on Monday, March 4, 2013 12:13am

Investigators say a faulty appliance in a kitchen area caused a fire in a commercial building in Ventura over the weekend.

The blaze was reported just after 2:15 Saturday, on the 200 block of Arcade Drive in Ventura.

Employees evacuated the building before firefighters reached the scene, as the firefighters went inside to try to find the source of smoke, a combination stove and microwave unit exploded in flames. They were able to quickly knock down the fire before it could cause further damage.

No one was hurt.

KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories