KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now

BBC World Service
10:00pm - 12:00am

Ceiling Fan Failure Blaimed For Ventura Fire Which Injured Three

Posted on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:53am

Ventura Fire investigators say the mechanical failure of a bathroom ceiling fan is responsible for a mobile home fire which left three people injured.

The fire happened just before 6 a.m. Saturday, on the 11000 block of Darling Road, in Ventura. Ventura firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke, and fire in the home, but firefighters plunged in after neighbors said they thought there might be someone inside. Fortunately, the home was empty.

The home’s resident, as well as two neighbors had to be treated for smoke inhalation, with the resident taken to a hospital for further treatment. Firefighters were able to knock down the blaze before it spread to neighboring units.

KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories