KCLU 88.3FM - 102.3FM - 1340AM

Listen Now

BBC World Service
11:00pm - 12:00am

Electrical Malfunction Causes Fire Forcing Evacuations Of Dozens In Ventura County

Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:31am

An electrical malfunction filled a Ventura office building with smoke yesterday morning, forcing the evacuation of more than two dozen people.

It happened at around ten a.m., at a building on the 5400 block of Telegraph Road. Workers in the law office left the building before firefighters arrived on the scene. Ventura firefighters were able to locate the malfunctioning electrical equipment in a utility closet. and remove it before it could spread to the building. No one was hurt.

KCLU Local News

KCLU Featured Stories