A problem with a boat battery being charged in the garage of a Ventura home sparked a fire which caused more than a quarter of a million dollars in damage, and led to one person suffering minor injuries.
It happened at around 5:30 this morning, on the 1300 block of Beachmont Street, in Ventura. Ventura firefighters arrived to find a garage engulfed in flames.
The fire was so big that Oxnard, and Ventura County firefighters were called in to help. The team was able to keep the blaze from spreading, and saved the adjacent home.
One of the home’s residents was treated for smoke inhalation, and released.