Problems with a heating unit are being blamed for starting a fire which damaged a high school cafeteria in Ventura.
The blaze was discovered just before 8 a.m. Thursday, at Buena High School. Ventura firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the building, and flames in a room adjacent to the main cafeteria. Firefighters were able to quickly knock down the fire before it was able to spread from a heating unit to the rest of the complex.
There were no students in the building at the time of the fire. There’s no word yet on how much damaged was caused.